Q: Does CMA have its representation in the Legislative Council of the HKSAR government? And who is the representative?
A: CMA has been designated as a functional constituency representing the industry in the Legislative Council. Dr Lam Tai Fai, SBS, JP is elected to sit in the LegCo at present.

Q: Can the CMA Members participate in the voting to select the legCo Representative of CMA?
A: CMA belongs to the Functional Constituency –Industrial (Second) in the Legislative Council . Permanent or Ordinary members that have registered as voters can enjoy their rights to vote for the LegCo Representative of CMA.

Q: How can I join the CMA membership?
A: The application procedure is very simple. Just fill in the membership application form, sign and send it together with a Business Registration copy, a business card of the company and a cheque to our office. Our Membership Department shall follow the application. For enquiry, please contact Mr Cheng at tel. 2542 8622.

Q: How long does it take to process the membership application?
A: The membership department will submit the application form to the General Committee of CMA for review. You will be informed of the application result by mail after decided by the General Committee of CMA. It will usually take 4 weeks to complete this procedure.

Q: What is the difference between Ordinary Member and Associate Member? In addition, what is Permanent Member or Permanent Associate Member?
A: Factories that registered in Hong Kong or any Hong Kong company that invests in the factories outside Hong Kong and holds over 25% shares of the capital can apply for the admission as Ordinary Member. Other industrial and commercial organizations, trading firms and overseas factories or organizations can apply for Associate Members. Associate Members enjoy the same right with Ordinary Members except the right of participating in voting and standing for the election. If Ordinary Members and Associate Members paid the 30,000 membership fee at one time, they will be upgraded to Permanent Members or Permanent Associate Members.

Q: How can I upgrade to the Permanent Member from Ordinary Member?
A: You should submit the application in writing and are required to pay the Permanent Membership fee after application being accepted. Please note that the annual fee paid before the application will not be refunded.

Q: How can I reinstate the cancelled membership?
A: You may submit the application in writing and wait for the decision of the General Committees of CMA. If accepted, you need to repay the arrears fees during the cancellation period so as to reinstate your membership.

Q: If I want to withdraw from CMA, what should I do?
A: The company should submit its application in writing to the Association and our staff will follow up the case by call within 5 working days.

Q: What are the administrative procedures to change the contact information?
A: Members should fill in the relevant forms and mail it to the office of Membership department with signature and company chop on it.

Q: How does the CMA help members to expand their business network so as to improve the visibility of the company?
A: The CMA is dedicated to providing diversify industrial and commercial services to help members explore business opportunities. The CMA regularly organizes different kinds of social activities for members such as the “Happy Hour” gathering, various delegations and “Mini Outlet”, in order to widen their network and establish good relationship with government departments in both Hong Kong and Mainland China.

Q: Can you tell me where I can find information of manufacturers in Hong Kong and Mainland China?
A: For contacts of Hong Kong manufacturers, please visit our website for CMA members and for business opportunities or visit Hong Kong Trade Development Council. For contacts of Manufacturers in Mainland China, you can call China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT) Hong Kong Representative Office at tel 2827 7038.

Q: Does CMA provide the products testing and certification services or other quality management systems?
A: CMA Testing and Certification Laboratories (CMA Testing) is an independent and non-profit-making testing institute administered by CMA. The Laboratories conduct testing for toys, children's articles, electrical and electronic products, textile garment, food cosmetic, traditional Chinese medicine , technical chemicals and waste water as well as other services on instrument calibration and consultant. For details, you can contact CMA Testing at tel no: 2698 8198 or by e-mail info@cmatcl.com , or visit the website http://www.cmatcl.com.